Here at Campbell Window Film, we are all about DIY. So today, we are sharing a great no-streak homemade window cleaner formula that you can easily create at home with some common household ingredients.
In addition to the cost-saving benefits over store brands, this formula is also non-toxic! It’s so important to keep as much toxins out of your home as possible, especially for families with children and pets.
And for our window film customers, don’t worry, this cleaner is window film friendly.
Remember, abrasive cleaning products that could scratch or damage the film should never be used.
So get started with this simple DIY window cleaner today!
Homemade Window Cleaner
- 1/4 cup white vinegar (apple cider vinegar will work as well)
- 1/4 cup isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch (the cornstarch reduces streaking — anyone know why?)
- 2 cups water
- 8-10 drops essential oil of choice (optional. Lemon, orange, or another citrus would be my choice here, but lavender or others would be nice as well.)
- Combine everything in a spray bottle (you can reuse the container you already have from your store bought glass cleaner).
- Shake well to mix.
- Spray onto glass surface and wipe clean with a soft, lint-free cloth or towel.
Tips & Notes:
- Shake well before using since the cornstarch might clog up your spray nozzle otherwise.
- Allergic to corn? Try other starches like tapioca or arrowroot.
- You can use microfiber cloths or lint-free towels to wipe your surfaces clean
- Make sure to label your bottle!
- Add food coloring (natural or artificial) to the bottle so kids will know it’s not water
- Vinegar can damage marble, so be careful using this around/on marble surfaces